AABS’s mission is to twofold:
- To develop the potential of professionals and leaders in the Caribbean
- To partner with clients to provide accounting, financial and business advisory services and solutions which are innovative and add exceptional client value.
The lead business consultant at AABS is Areef Ali. He received his B.Sc. in Industrial Management from the UWI, St Augustine campus and thereafter an FCCA designation from the ACCA. Areef has completed advanced programmes in Manhattan, New York in the operation of financial markets and also in corporate valuations.
He is a Microsoft certified Excel expert and a
graduate of the Arthur Lok Jack’s School of Business’ “Train the Trainer” programme as well as a number of management development programmes. He has over fifteen (15) yearsexperience in the Financial sector, including three and a half years at PriceWaterhouse where he was a member of the Audit and Business Advisory Services Group.
Areef served as a finance professional at the CLICO Methanol complex. Subsequently he was appointed the Chief Accountant and then Corporate Finance Head at CMMB.
In June 2006 Areef, founded AABS. Activities to date include:
- Design, development and implementation support for core business application systems for conglomerate clients
- Modelling of investment portfolios returns and IFRS amortisation calculations for a non-bank financial client
- Project financing evaluation review reporting – a manufacturing & distribution sector client
- Inventory obsolescence reporting – automating ageing schedule generation & receivables schedule from SAP for a multinational oil & energy company
- Performance vs rewards correlation exercise- charting & graphing – large telecom client
- Ordering and contract generation system development for a construction sector client
- Business Planning – financial forecasts and executive summary report
- Recycling Plant Development
Advanced MS Excel, financial and fraud related training programs for a range of blue chip organisations.
Seminar Hosting with world renowned experts
We have hosted seminars with world renowned experts in the fields of Banking, Marketing, Fraud Prevention, Auditing and Microsoft Excel.
In addition to Areef’s own expertise, AABS draws on the expertise of a pool of associates. These are professionals with 15–20 years experience in areas of competency ranging from internal auditing, Sarbanes Oxley controls reviews, strategic planning, HR & compensation management, staff recruitment as well as IT systems development.